Monday 16 December 2013

Xmas Wishlist - Kate @ Books with Bunny

When Sheli asked me to make a list of books I wanted for Christmas I thought it was my lucky day. Unfortunately, as lovely and generous as she is, she wasn't offering to buy me them-she was just being nosy! So, here are the books I am hoping to find in my stocking on Christmas morning.

1) Her Brilliant Career-Rachel Cooke

I love the 50s and often think I was born in the wrong era. This book sounds amazing, a look at how women in this decade of change were taking life by the scruff of the neck and realising their dreams. I imagine it will be an inspiring read.

2) The Rehearsal- Eleanor Catton

Eleanor Catton is now a big name in book circles after winning this years Man Booker Prize. I do want to read The Luminaries, but this appeals to me more.

3) The Book of Summers-Emylia Hall

I read Emylia Hall's A Heart Bent Out of Shape this year and enjoyed it, so I definitely want to read this book. I'll be interested to see if it stirs up my emotions in the same way as A Heart Bent Out of Shape is one of those books that pops into my mind and has made a lasting impression.

4) Fangirl- Rainbow Rowell

Rainbow Rowell seems to be able to tap into something in my brain that makes me just say 'Yes! That's it exactly!' I haven't bought Fangirl yet, partly because I am wanting to save it for a day when I need a read that I know I'll love. If it is half as impressive as Eleanor and Park then it'll be great.

5) The Fault in Our Stars- John Green

I think I'm probably the only person in the whole wide world not to have read this yet. The subject matter scares me a bit as it sounds heavy going, but everyone assures me I'd love it, so I'd like a copy for Christmas so I can give it a whirl.

6) One Direction Official Annual 2014

I don't think anyone will buy this for me to encourage my obsession with Louis Tomlinson, but I would be quite happy with this under my tree if I can't have the lads themselves.

http://www.bookswithbunny.blogspot.co.uk/

@bookswithbunny

www.facebook.com/bookswithbunny

1 comment:

  1. I'm hoping for a copy of The Rehearsal too... I hope you get lucky!

    ReplyDelete