Sunday 22 December 2013

Xmas Wishlist - Jaimie Admans

Ampersand necklace
http://www.etsy.com/listing/164659990/ampersand-necklace-sterling-silver-chain

20131126-193557.jpg

I love ampersands! I don’t know why, maybe it’s a writer thing! I have a massive wooden one on the wall above my computer and looking at it reminds me that I should be writing more words, so maybe that’s why I like them. I don’t really do dainty little necklaces like this one, but for some reason I really like it, although have stopped myself buying it as I’d be so afraid of breaking it I’d probably only ever wear it on really special occasions!

New Kindle, and/or never-ending Kindle battery

20131126-193703.jpg

I absolutely love my Kindle, I don’t know how I ever survived without it, but the most frustrating thing in the world is either when you settle down in bed, all ready to curl up with a book, and the battery dies. Or when you get to a vital part, the heart-in-throat moment of a thriller, and the damn thing turns itself off and the charging icon comes up on the screen! Then you have to wait quarter of an hour while it’s plugged in before you can even turn it back on and sit in front of the plug socket to finish the chapter! My Kindle has rapidly deteriorated this year in terms of battery life and how much warning it gives before switching off. It’s a couple of years old now so perhaps it’s coming to the end of it’s life, but I wish there was such a thing as a never-ending Kindle battery, or at least some emergency contraption you could plug into it to give it an extra boost until you’ve got past the exciting book moments!

A bookshelf with unlimited space

20131126-193751.jpg

A common problem faced by all booklovers – how much space books take up! I love paperback books, but I hardly ever buy them anymore due to my multiple bookshelves being full! Let’s face it, even full is an understatement. Full-to-bursting or about-to-explode also work. I always buy the ebook versions of books now, and try to get my fix by lovingly stroking paperbacks in the shops and toddling off home to my Kindle which has almost unlimited space but is sadly lacking that real-book smell.

Comfy reading chair and/or nook

20131126-193849.jpg

It might sound silly but the only place I have to read is in bed! The sofa is in the living room which is always too noisy for reading, so my only reading option is the bed! I would love a little reading nook, you know, a cosy chair surrounded by shelves of gorgeous books… I might need a bigger house first though!

Once Upon A Time notebook
http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/heatheralsteaddesign/product/once-upon-a-time-notebook

20131126-193949.jpg

Like lots of people I know, I have an addiction to stationery! Pretty notebooks, pens, note cards, boxes. Notebooks are my biggest downfall, I always swear I won’t buy any more but then I find the stationery section in a shop and they’re all just so pretty, it would be wrong to walk out without at least one! Of course, I now have so many notebooks that it will take me three lifetimes to get through them, and I still make a beeline for the stationery section! It’s impossible to resist a nice notebook! I tell myself I can count them as ‘writerly expenses’ but my notebook drawer(s) could supply ten writers by now!

A multitude of books that people have recommended to me this year.

20131126-194131.jpg

There are so many books on my to-read list that sound amazing! I follow quite a few avid readers on Twitter and almost every day someone will recommend a book that sounds brilliant, I just need more hours in the day to read them all! I won’t write the list out or we’d be here all night, but there are so many books I really want to read, I would be thrilled to find any of them under the tree this year!

Ferrero Rocher

20131126-194054.jpg

No Christmas list would be complete without mentioning food of some sort, and I couldn’t possibly read all those books without some kind of sustenance by my side, so I’ll have a giant box of Ferrero Rocher, please! They’re my absolute favourites! I’m actually really lucky at this time of year because my birthday is a few days after Christmas, so no sooner have I eaten the boxes people bought me for Christmas, I get given more!

Thanks, Santa!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thank you so much for having me on here again! This post was so much fun to do! :D

    ReplyDelete