Wednesday 11 September 2013

The Wish List



20130804-224805.jpg

There are six months left of Emma Reiss's twenties. . . and she has some unfinished business.

Emma and her friends are about to turn thirty, and for Emma it's a defining moment. Defined, that is, by her having achieved none of the things she'd imagined she would.

Her career is all wrong, her love life is a desert and that penthouse apartment she pictured herself in simply never materialised. Moreover, she's never jumped out of a plane, hasn't met the man she's going to marry, has never slept under the stars, or snogged anyone famous - just some of the aspirations on a list she and her friends compiled fifteen years ago.

As an endless round of birthday parties sees Emma hurtle towards her own thirtieth, she sets about addressing these issues. But, as she discovers with hilarious consequences, some of them are trickier to tick off than she'd thought…


My opinion: I absolutely love Jane Costello's books and was very exciting to hear that she had a new one coming out! I was very restrained and managed to save it to read on holiday and enjoy the thrill of it being a holiday book!

I wasn't disappointed! Emma is about to turn thirty when she finds a list that she made as a teenager detailing everything she wanted to do before she turns thirty. Much to Emma's dismay she finds that she hasn't completed one of them and sets out to change that! Her comfortable, predictable life soon gets turned on its head as she starts to live a little!

As can be expected from one of Jane Costello's books, The Wish List is filled with fabulous characters, madcap adventures and lots and lots of laughs! I enjoyed the storyline of this so much I often interrupted my boyfriend from his reading next to the pool to regale him with the plot of this book. The conversation usually started "You'll never guess what has happened" and by the time I had finished the book he was asking me how it ended!

Jane Costello's books are always well written with a strong storyline, and this one is no exception. Another fantastic book that will have you chuckling from one of my favourite authors.

My rating: A fabulous five stars!

2 comments:

  1. I heard so many great comments about this book, that I had to buy the book. But I STILL haven't read it! Life just got busy...but thank you for reminding me to squeeze it in my busy reading schedule:) Thank you for the awesome review!! xx
    Ananda @ThisChickReads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is definitely worth pushing up your list! I LOVE Jane Costello and this is one of her best xx

    ReplyDelete