Tuesday 24 September 2013

Liebster Award

20130922-103608.jpg

I'm pleased to day that I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Cherelle over at Reading in Peace!

So what is the Liebster Award?

The idea behind the award is to give new and upcoming bloggers the opportunity to build their community and get to know one another. It’s the perfect way to meet new people and let them find out some interesting facts about you.

Here’s some rules:
1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer;
2. Nominate some other bloggers!
3. Let them know!

I have also been nominated by Emma at Chicklit Vs Fantasy! I will answer her questions in a separate post, but will only make one set of nominations.

1. Who is your all time favourite book boyfriend?

It may be boring, but it has to be Mark Darcy from Bridget Jones! I can't explain why. It just is. Being played by Colin Firth obviously! ;-)

2. Have you ever started a book and not been able to finish it? If so what was it?

Oh there are loads that I haven't been able to finish. If I don't like a book I don't waste any time on it, I stop reading and move on! One of the most recent books I couldn't finish was The Casual Vacancy. It just wasn't for me!

3. Who is your role model/inspiration?

Ooh this is a hard one. I think overall it has to be Winston Churchill. He is the source of many inspirational quotes and led this country through what I find to be one of the most interesting times in history. There are many other people I find inspirational though, from authors, to politicians and even businessmen.

4. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be and why?

This is another really hard one! I'm not sure I could pin down just one! I think I'd like to meet any of the main characters from Jane Costello's books as they are always so down to earth and hilarious!

5. Where is your favourite place to read?

My ultimate favourite place is lying next to the pool in a luxury resort somewhere like Greece or the Canaries with a cocktail in my hand! I love reading lots of places though. Sat in the sun outside, sitting next to a real fire, cwtched up in bed, sat in a cafe or on a long train journey. More or less anywhere really!

6. If you were stuck on a desert island what 2 books would you take with you?

Does my Kindle count as one book?! If I had to choose two I think it would be a Five on a a Treasure Island by Enid Blyton as it's a childhood favourite that I just keep going back to and The Crimson Petal and the White by Michel Faber as it's fantastic story telling and it's bloody massive!!

7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?

I'm not particularly well travelled, but a place I really want to visit is Italy.

8. What is your favourite TV program?

It had to be Whitechapel. It's so spooky and scary and is brilliantly clever.

9. If you could choose, what book would you like to see made into a movie?

I'm not sure what I could answer for this. I generally find film adaptations pretty disappointing. There are some brilliant TV adaptations, but part of the magic for me is that the worlds only exist on the page and in my imagination. Everyone will imagine things differently when they read a book, and that unique world is one of the things I love the most.

10. What is your favourite genre to read?

I read quite a few genres, but at the moment I would say that it is chick lit. The books and writers have come on a lot in the last few years and there are some fantastic books out there. I just wish I had the time to read more of them!

Ok, so here are my questions!

1. If you could be any fictional character who would you be?
2. What is your favourite film/TV adaptation?
3. What was your favourite book as a child?
4. Do you read any non-fiction? If so, what topic do you read about?
5. What book are you going to read next?
6. What has been your favourite book of 2013 so far?
7. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
8. Can you read in more than one language?
9. Which author would you recommend readers follow on Twitter for entertainment purposes?
10. What book is at the top of your Christmas wishlist?

My nominees are:

Zoe at The Book Lovers

Sam at The Book Corner

Clare at A Book and a Tea

Kate at Books with Bunny

Have fun ladies!

I will post my answers to Emma's questions later in the week.

1 comment: