Saturday 28 September 2013

About A Girl

20130921-133038.jpg

I’d lost my job. I’d lost the love of my life. My mum wasn’t talking to me. My best friend was epically pissed off. And my flatmate probably had a hit out on me by now. I never meant for things to get so out of hand…

Tess Brookes has always been a Girl with a Plan. But when her carefully constructed Plan goes belly up, she’s forced to reconsider.

After accidently answering her flatmate Vanessa’s phone, she decides that since being Tess isn’t going so well, why shouldn’t she try out being Vanessa? With nothing left to lose, she accepts Vanessa’s photography assignment to Hawaii – she used to be an amateur snapper, how hard can it be? Right?

But Tess is soon in big trouble – she isn’t a photographer, she isn’t Vanessa, and the gorgeous journalist on the shoot with her, who is making it very clear he’d like to get into her pants, is an egotistical monster.

Far from home and in someone else’s shoes, Tess must decide whether to fight on through, or ‘fess up and run…

My opinion: This is the first Lindsey Kelk book I've read, despite having a couple of her I Heart books on my TBR pile. I think this book was a fab place to start because I LOVED it!

The story is about a girl called Tess whose life has always gone to plan. Until now. Everything goes spectacularly wrong for Tess and after spending a few days dealing with it in the only way she can think of (under her duvet), she makes some drastic decisions that change her life and take her on adventures!

We follow Tess as she flies over to Hawaii and pretends to be Vanessa on a photography job. She is to be working on a fashion shoot which doesn't quite go to plan and has to keep up her alter ego whilst interacting with the journalist, art director and locals. She finds this quite difficult and you just know that adventure will ensue!

I really enjoyed this book and found it hard to put down. I loved Tess and that she is a normal girl in extraordinary circumstances. The storyline kept me hooked and I just couldn't guess what was going to happen next. The characters were great and I really liked that there was a real mix of likeable and villain type characters (I'm thinking of the real Vanessa here!).

I would definitely recommend this book and am looking forward to reading more of Lindsey's books. I have to warn you though, this book has the biggest cliffhanger I have EVER read in a chick lit book and it will leave you with questions that need to be answered and a huge book hangover!!

My rating: A fantastic five stars

No comments:

Post a Comment