Thursday 29 May 2014

Here Come the Boys

19417073


Angie Silveroak and her husband are taking a much-needed holiday on the cruise ship Mermaidia, so the last person she hopes to bump into on the first night is her one-time best friend Selina and the man Selina stole from her and married twenty years ago.
And what she needs even less is to be marooned in Malaga with Selina when both of them manage to miss boarding the ship in port.
It will take three days for them to travel across Europe to catch up with the ship again in Croatia. And in the company of each other twenty-four/seven, a lot of old baggage is going to be unloaded.


My opinion: I am fast becoming a massive Milly Johnson fangirl. I have only recently discovered her writing and am yet to read a book that is less than fabulous.


This novella follows Angie as she goes on an indulgent cruise holiday with her husband Gil. They meet some characters on board, although poor Gil gets seasick, leaving Angie to go sightseeing in Malaga alone. She misjudges the time that the ship is due to leave and ends up getting left behind with only her handbag and ship boarding card to her name. However, she isn't left behind alone. Selina, her former best friend was aboard the ship as well, with her husband Zander. Who she stole from Angie twenty years ago. With three days until they can meet the ship in Croatia, they have a lot of catching up to do.


This is a very quick read, but still a great story. Angie still holds a candle for her ex and has never forgiven Selina. But of course, things are never as they seem. I read this in one sitting and only wish it was longer. I am hoping that we will meet Selina and Angie in a future book as I would love to know what happens next.


At the end of the book there is an excerpt from Milly's newest novel, The Teashop on the Corner. I have been lucky enough to read it already and can guarantee that it is another cracker! The Teashop on the Corner is published on the 19th June and I will review on the same date. It is available for pre-order now!!


My rating: Five stars

1 comment:

  1. I've got this novella as well and can't wait to read it! I love her books!

    ReplyDelete