Thursday 14 August 2014

You Had Me at Merlot: Part 4

 
The final part in this hilarious four-part digital romantic comedy, from the author of The Twelve Dates of Christmas - winner of the Novelicious Debut of the Year award.

Elle didn't plan on falling for anyone on this singles' holiday so it came as a huge surprise to her when she fell, hard, for her very own Italian stallion. But it seems he's not as perfect as he first appeared - especially now that his maybe-not-so-ex ex-girlfriend has turned up.

Elle doesn't want to believe that it was all a lie but it's hard to ignore the very real bombshell standing in front of her. Has she been taken for a fool? As the end of the holiday approaches, confusion and heartbreak threaten to ruin Elle's hard-fought peace of mind. Does Tuscany have enough magic left to fix her broken heart?

You Had Me at Merlot is the kind of love story that will have you crying with laughter one moment and nodding your head in agreement the next. Full of sultry summer nights, hilarious moments and plenty of wine, it will warm even the most cynical of hearts and have you believing in the magic of romance (and the power of a decent glass of Merlot).
 
My opinion: So this is it. The final installment. And after yet another heart stopping cliffhanger in part three, I had to know what happened next.
 
Elle had been getting in the spirit of romance at the Tuscan vineyard she had accompanied her friend Laurie to for a singles holiday. Only letting her guard down seemed to come back and hit her, hard. When Jamie's ex turns up at the vineyard and he doesn't turn her away, Elle doesn't know what to do. She turns to her new found vineyard family and confides in Laurie, Donna and George and finds herself needing to make bigger decisions than she ever thought she would need to when she left London. Can she ever return to her old life in London, and more importantly, is she over men forever?
 
Reading this last part of the story was bittersweet, as although I couldn't wait to pick it up, I knew that this meant that it was coming to an end. I think I have professed my love in all of my reviews for the location and the characters. I really want to enforce just how much I loved this book, and it was a perfect summer read to distract me from my post holiday blues over the last few weeks.
 
I really hope Lisa writes lots and lots more for us to enjoy and will create more fabulous characters to become my book friends! I had a proper book hangover when I got to the end of this final part, but felt content with how it ended. Although, I'd LOVE to read more about the outrageous Laurie!
 
Seriously, you should read this book, and if you haven't downloaded it by now I'm not sure we can be friends any longer. You will thank me when you read this hilarious yet romantic escape to Italy.
 
My rating: Five big shiny stars
 
This week I will be posting reviews of all four parts of You Had Me at Merlot, and will be culminating the week with a special interview with the author, Lisa Dickenson.


No comments:

Post a Comment