Wednesday 13 August 2014

You Had Me at Merlot: Part 3

 
The third part in this hilarious four-part digital romantic comedy, from the author of The Twelve Dates of Christmas - winner of the Novelicious Debut of the Year award.

Elle, determinedly single Elle, isn't used to waking up next to a boy. And she certainly isn't used to being engaged. Thanks to all the (delicious) chilli wine she consumed last night, Elle has no idea how she's managed to get herself into this situation. And as fond as she is of the man lying next to her, and no matter how happy he looks by this turn of events, getting married has never been part of Elle's plan. No way. All that romance stuff just isn't for her . . . right? But the combination of this lovely man, the incredibly romantic Italian countryside and the feel of the early morning sun on her skin is starting to have an effect on Elle. Maybe, just maybe, she's not as anti-love as she thought . . .

You Had Me at Merlot is the kind of love story that will have you crying with laughter one moment and nodding your head in agreement the next. Full of sultry summer nights, hilarious moments and plenty of wine, it will warm even the most cynical of hearts and have you believing in the magic of romance (and the power of a decent glass of Merlot).


My opinion: So I've read the third part of four and after the cliffhanger of book two, I couldn't wait to get my teeth into this next installment!

Elle has woken up with Jamie, who is apparently her future husband. Only she has no recollection of the proposal thanks to all the chilli wine and chocolate she consumed the night before. She wasn't intending on finding a boyfriend in Tuscany, let alone a husband to be. Only the thought of this gorgeous Italian man in her life isn't quite as bad as she thought. Elle uses her skills to try and help the vineyard get more customers, whilst coming to terms with the fact that this hot man likes her. That is until she does a bit of research online and finds something that leaves a sour taste in her mouth.

This was another fab installment of You Had Me at Merlot, and another one I loved. I totally devoured this one, again reading it in one sitting. I really feel like I have got to know Elle and Laurie, and I think they are some of my favourite book characters. Again, the setting is amazing. I don't think a Tuscan vineyard will ever lose its charm as a setting for a book for me. Who couldn't feel romantic in a location like that!

The cliffhanger at the end of the book left me open mouthed, just as the last one did. I can't wait to find out what happens in book four, although I'm a little sad that I'm nearly at the end of this fab story.

If you haven't downloaded the series yet, why not?! You won't regret indulging in this singles holiday in Tuscany!

My rating: Five stars

This week I will be posting reviews of all four parts of You Had Me at Merlot, and will be culminating the week with a special interview with the author, Lisa Dickenson.

No comments:

Post a Comment