Tuesday 22 July 2014

The List

19006544

Phoebe Henderson may be single but she sure doesn't feel fabulous. It's been a year since she found her boyfriend Alex in bed with another woman, and multiple cases of wine and extensive relationship analysis with best friend Lucy have done nothing to help. Faced with a new year but no new love, Phoebe concocts a different kind of resolution.

The List: ten things she's always wanted to do in bed but has never had the chance (or the courage!) to try. A bucket list for between the sheets. One year of pleasure, no strings attached. Simple, right?

Factor in meddlesome colleagues, friends with benefits, getting frisky al fresco and maybe, possibly, true love and Phoebe's got her work cut out for her.

My opinion: I was attracted to this book by its cover (I am so shallow when it comes to books!) but it took me a while to download it as I wasn't sure if I would like it. After reading so many great reviews of the book and with the Sex Me Up readathon coming up, I thought I would give it a go!

Phoebe has been single for about a year and is still struggling after her break up with cheating bastard Alex. She hasn't been feeling single and ready to mingle in that time so has also been going without sex for that time. At New Year, Phoebe decides to make a resolution that she is determined to keep and writes a list of sexual challenges that she has always wanted to do or been curious about. She is looking forward to a year of lots of sex and new experiences, but is it going to be that straightforward after her year of chastity?

I was immediately hooked by this book and read about 20% in my first sitting. I really didn't know what to expect from this book, but was pleasantly suprised at the hilarious read I had picked up. The book is written in a diary format, which I always like and we live a year of Phoebe's life with her. The great thing about this book is that although it contains lots of sex, it doesn't feel forced or seedy, but is more like having a very open conversation with your best friend. The book is truly laugh out loud funny whilst still being sexy and at times brutally honest.

I really enjoyed the book and I think it was the right level of bonk buster for me - fun without making me feel like I should be covering it in a brown paper bag and wearing a dirty mac. I will definitely be looking out for more books from the author, but don't think I will be recommending it to my mum - who knows what questions she would ask me if she read about some of the challenges! This was a fun read and is perfect to read whilst hanging out next to the pool this summer.

My rating: Four stars

This week I am taking part in the #sexmeupreadathon

No comments:

Post a Comment