Thursday 24 October 2013

Take a Look at Me Now



20131017-210737.jpg

When Nell’s on-off boyfriend Aidan calls her into his office, losing her job is the last thing she expects.

Heartbroken and unemployed to boot, she makes a radical decision to blow her redundancy cheque and escape to the untested waters of San Francisco.

But is the glamour of the city too good to be true? And can Nell leave her past behind?


My opinion: This book was the first I have read by Miranda Dickinson and I will definitely be reading more!

When town planner Nell gets a post it on her desk from her ex boyfriend asking to go into his office she thinks it's so that he can say he wants to get back together. Instead he tells her that she is about to be made redundant.

Nell has always had a plan, but faced with an uncertain future she enters a travel agent on a whim and decides to go and stay with her cousin in San Francisco. Whilst there she not only finds herself, but also her dreams, new friends and a guy that she really likes.

I really loved this book and found it hard to put down. Not only that, but all of the descriptions of food made me very hungry! Nell is a brilliant character and I really liked that she seemed to unfurl and really accept herself as the story went on. I am definitely Team Nell! I also loved some of the locals we met in San Francisco. There were some amazing characters and even though I have never been to San Francisco, it really brought it to life for me.

There were a few moments in the book that I was holding my breath, just hoping that things would go the way I wanted them to. I also shed a few tears and smiled a lot of smiles when reading this book.

I would definitely recommend this book. The only downside of it is that I think my TBR is going to get even bigger!!

My rating: A wonderful five stars

I received an advance review copy of this book from NetGalley in return for an honest review

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful review Sheli. I'm really looking forward to reading it and I'm so glad you recommend it. I know Miranda writes great books and I'm certain this one won't disappoint too. Thank you for sharing your thought on it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fantastic read! And it's published today, so if you get chance give it a go :) x

    ReplyDelete