Sunday 9 June 2013

Country Loving



20130607-175654.jpg

Successful city accountant Stevie receives two surprises in one week. A proposal of marriage from her boyfriend and a phone call begging her to return to the family farm in Talyton St George.

But what she thought would be a weekend visit turns into much longer as she struggles to bring order to her father's rundown farm. Finally, she decides to give up her job - and her boyfriend - and stay permanently. Even though the locals are up in arms about her plans for the farm, Stevie loves being back in the country - and having to work so closely with local vet Leo is an added bonus.

Until a life-changing complication throws all her plans into disarray, and destroys her growing romance with Leo...


My opinion: The first thing I have to say is that I shouldn't judge a book by it's title! When I requested this book from netgalley I was expecting a potentially raunchy romance because of the title. That is very far from what I did get, and I was very pleased with what was there!

At the beginning of this book we meet Stevie and her city boy boyfriend Nick, who has just proposed to her. She gets a phone call from a family friend back in the Devonshire countryside which changes her life path forever. She moves back to the family farm to start the fight to keep their home and business.

This book is really well written with some really vivid characters. I really enjoyed this book and have already downloaded the other five books in the series! I would describe this as a cosy romance. It is no doubt a romantic book, but is rather innocent as it very cleverly manages to avoid any sexy detail whilst still implying that these things were happening. I have to say I really liked this approach. A bit like a cosy mystery. I'm not against a sex scene in a book, but sometimes they can be gratuitous. This was like a breath of fresh air!

A fab book and a look forward to reading more from Cathy Woodman.

I received this book from netgalley in return for an honest review

My rating: A big four stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment