Tuesday 19 November 2013

Last Christmas



20131102-120545.jpg

For Lucy, the best Christmas present is forgetting the past.

Eager to banish the ghost of Christmas past – when her boyfriend dumped her on the streets of Paris – Lucy is determined to make this the best Christmas ever. She rallies friends and family for an epic celebration that just happens to fall on the same day as her ex’s festive wedding. Furious at how she’s been treated, Lucy can’t help relishing the party v wedding smackdown.

But when the wedding is threatened and only Lucy can help, can she find the spirit inside to save the day, or will this Christmas be even more disastrous than the last?


My opinion: I always look forward to Talli Roland's new books, but particularly her Christmas novellas. Miracle at the Museum of Broken Hearts was the book that inspired me to get a kindle, and was the first book I downloaded and read on it!

Christmas time is a bad time for Lucy this year as it's the anniversary of her humiliation when her long term boyfriend dumped her in Paris after she proposed to him. After a year of moping, Lucy bumps into her ex and his new fiancée and tells them that she just happens to be hosting the party of the year on Christmas Day. Which also happens to be their wedding day.

So Lucy now needs to plan a party that will go head to head with the wedding and bring her back from her break up blues! Although, she never expected to be the one who could save her ex and his bride from a wedding disaster...

I devoured this novella in one sitting and it was a great start to my Christmas reading. I love Talli's writing anyway, and I'm glad to say that it just gets better. I hope the Christmas novellas keep coming every year, and we get to read Talli's next novel, The No Kids Club very soon!

My rating: A festive five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment