Sunday 21 July 2013

Save the Date



20130721-092841.jpg


Family weddings can be hell.

...and, marooned in Italy for her cousin's nuptials, Ailsa can be forgiven for thinking that this one is worse than most. With the bride and groom at loggerheads and the guests in uproar, it is a million miles away from the rest and relaxation she'd been hoping for.

And then suddenly, in the middle of the mayhem, she comes face-to-face with Nick, the man she walked out on just a few months earlier.

How can Ailsa help get the wedding back on track when she and Nick can't stop arguing? But if they do, she might remember why she fell in love with him in the first place - and then there really would be trouble.



My opinion: I was a little unsure of this book when I started it, both because Allie Spencer is a new author to me, and I was worried it might be a bit too frothy for me. I needn't have worried and will seek to read more of her books in future.

We meet the main character, Ailsa, who is a newly single, slightly accident prone female who is going to Italy to attend her cousin's wedding, despite the fact that their mothers fell out years ago.

When in Italy she bumps into her ex who just happens to be staying next door in the hotel. This throws up confusion about her own feelings, which on top of trying to help sort out the mess of the wedding, keeps Ailsa very busy!

I really enjoyed this book. It was fast paced, well written and funny with lots going on. I felt that it contained just the right number of characters so that there were a number of story lines without getting confused about who was who. I was really able to imagine the characters and the location, and loved sitting in the garden reading this one.

I will definitely read more by Allie Spencer and would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a fun holiday read.


My rating: Four fabulous stars

I was sent this book as an advance review copy by the publisher via Netgalley in return for an honest review

1 comment: